The Atlantic Beach Police Department is searching for qualified applicants to fill entry-level Police Officer positions. The selection process consists of several steps that must be completed in their entirety prior to the hiring of an applicant.
Police Officer applicants who are not Certified Police Officers and/or who do not have previous Police Officer experience are considered to be Police Officer Candidates.
All applications for employment as a Police Officer or Police Officer Candidate are completed by applying on a written application which can be picked up at the Atlantic Beach Police Department.
- The Atlantic Beach Police Department will notify applicant on available dates to take the Police Officer Selection Test (POST) and the Job Related Physical Agility Test (PAT)
- Upon successful completion of this process the applicant will proceed onto the Background Investigation.
- Conditional offer interview
- Medical Exam (Drug/ Alcohol Screening)
- Oral review
- All applicants selected for hire shall be subject to the successful completion of a one year probationary period.
Upon employment with the Atlantic Beach Police Department, the new recruit will be required to participate and successfully meet the requirements and standards affixed to each Training Program. Areas of training include, but are not limited to:
- South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy's Basic Law Enforcement School (12 weeks)
- Atlantic Beach Police Department Field Training Program (46 working days)
Town of Atlantic Beach | 717 30th Ave. South | Atlantic Beach, South Carolina 29582 | 1-843-663-2284
Copyright © Town of Atlantic Beach, SC 2016